The FA Cup semifinal between Jeju and Pohang has been postponed due to the effects of Typhoon Kanun.

The postponement was announced at 6:50 p.m., about 40 minutes before the 2023 Hana OneQ FA Cup Semifinal between the two teams, which was scheduled to take place at 7:30 p.m. on the 9th at Jeju World Cup Stadium.

It was for safety reasons due to the typhoon. On the day of the match, Typhoon Kanun was heading north toward Seogwipo. As kickoff approached, the rain became heavier and the winds picked up. The Korea Meteorological Administration predicted that the typhoon’s maximum wind speed would reach 133 kilometers per hour. Facility damage was a concern.

Until 5:30 p.m., two hours before kickoff, things were looking up. However, after receiving a request from the local government of Seogwipo City to reconsider the postponement, the tournament headquarters and the tournament supervisor made the decision to postpone the event. The rescheduled date will be announced at a later date.

Both Jeju and Pohang, who were looking to reach the FA Cup final for the first time in 19 and 10 years, respectively, were faced with the harsh reality of the postponement. In particular, Pohang, the away team, had only arrived on the 7th, two days before, to prepare for the match. 꽁머니사이트 They trained accordingly. Jeju moved to the clubhouse to train. On that day, dozens of Pohang fans traveled to the stadium and cheered on the Pohang players until the postponement was announced.

This was the first time that both FA Cup semifinal matches, which were scheduled to be held on September 9, were postponed. Earlier, the match between Jeonbuk and Incheon at Jeonju World Cup Stadium was postponed indefinitely due to the disruption of the Saemangeum Jamboree. The K-pop concert scheduled to be held at the Saemangeum Outdoor Special Stage was postponed on the 9th to be held at the Jeonju World Cup Stadium on the 11th, but the organizers changed the venue of the K-pop concert to the Seoul World Cup Stadium due to concerns about the typhoon. The Korea Football Association confirmed the postponement of the match, citing the typhoon, even though it was possible to hold the match normally.